Thursday, October 9, 2008

HAL- LE - LU- JAH....HAL - LE- LU- JAH

Nap time... No More Chore!!!! For those of who don't know Max.... well let me inform you. We tease and call him crack head baby because he never slows down and never wants to give it up enough to take a nap. He would stay awake all day if I didn't make him take a nap. I literally had to force him to take a nap for my own sanity. We tried everything sticking him in the crib to cry it out, but the fits just weren't worth it. He would get so mad he would throw himself down and hit his head, makes himself throw up, one time he pulled himself up over the side of his crib and fell out. It was as low as the crib could go. So then he was terrified of his bed and wouldn't even sleep in it, let me tell you it was never easy. Sleeping has never been fun for us. Well the day has finally come after 16 months of sucky sleep... this last week he has just been so good about falling asleep on his own he likes his crib his blankie in there with him and walla. Last Thursday it all began. He was totally exhausted and I couldn't get him down so I took him in his room and laid him down with blankie and baba in hand. He laid there great no fuss at all and I sang him a couple of songs and he just fell asleep. I was shocked so excited, slowly I creaped out and waited for a cry. No cry and he slept clear till 6 am. So we did it for our nap the next day, and night time again, and ever since I can go set him in there and in less that a couple of minutes I can leave. Oh my life is so great. How much easier kids are when they sleep:) What a great week I hope he sticks with it.

8 comments:

Karli said...

Congrats Jos!!! I bet your next one will be great from the start.

Jen said...

That is so funny ...not really it is hard to get Ryker down for a nap to. I did have him trained to go down by him self in his own bed, but ever sence I was hospitalized a year ago all that work went down the train bcs when I came home he layed by me in my bed when I took a nap. Ya I still have to lay by him until he falls asleep. HELP how do I reverse it now ? Why don't kids just lay down and go to sleep when there tired on there own ?

Unknown said...

YAY for sleep! I don't know how you put up with 16months without. I guess i need to consider myself lucky. Peyton sleeps from 7:30-8am and naps 3 hrs a day. You must be super mom to have handled it this long.

Jamie said...

What no more crack head baby? That was funny! You are such a good mommy. Max is so lucky to have you!
I can't believe it is 86 degrees there! I froze my ass off in idaho today! It snowed today!!!!!

Steph said...

That is a great day in a mom's life! Landon is now refusing naps... I so am not ready!!! And he still sleeps with us at night! I know, it's my own fault!

Kara's Party Ideas said...

yay!! that's freakin' awesome!! i'm so happy for you. i know how that is! kaden will still throw up on command when he doesn't want to go to sleep..gotta' love it! now go get some sleep!!

Lyssa Beth said...

AMEN with the sleep! They are a completely different kid. I''m glad that got figured out! She's such a cutie.
And I love your engagement pics and your wedding ones. So beautiful!

Mary Ellen said...

Hi Josie- cute blog!!! Glad I got the address- I've added you to mine so I'll pop in often!